These two programs cover a broad range of activities that enhance the quality of life in our communities and help nonprofits enhance their organizational performance and capabilities.
Community Enrichment Program Objectives
The Community Enrichment program supports activities that enhance the vitality of our communities. They include activities that promote local arts, culture, creativity, civic engagement, and community development.
Strong, active, and inclusive relationships between residents, the private sector, the public, and civil society organizations characterize vital communities.
- Arts and Culture: including but not limited to art in public places, programs that encourage art in community institutions (community centers and schools), and “art for art’s sake.”
- Community Development: including but not limited to community-enhancing projects and the preservation of community heritage and history.
- Civic engagement: Advancing community cohesion and participation.
Organizational development grants are intended to support a variety of activities that strengthen and improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Planning support (strategic, fund development, marketing, etc.)
- Fostering new collaborations
- Small capital needs (furniture, equipment, technology, etc.)
The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts supports programs, projects, and initiatives within our 33-community region that address the Community Foundation's goals, that are executed by a non-profit organization, and align with the applicant's mission.
Proposals for competitive grants should address each of the following principles:
- Capacity for impact: Demonstrate capacity and potential for achieving and sustaining long-term impact.
- Plan of action: Include a plan of action with evidence that the plan is likely to achieve its intended outcomes.
- Gauging progress: Include measurable objectives and outcomes with a plan to monitor progress.
- Application Open: August 21, 2023
- Application Deadline: September 8, 2023
- Awards Announcement: by October 23, 2023
For More Information
Director of Grants and Impact 978-345-8383 Ext. 104