The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts is a non-profit public charity that manages charitable funds established by individuals, families, businesses and other non-profit organizations.
Manage Your Philanthropy. Our mission is to promote philanthropy in our region and to help philanthropists invest in the communities and causes they care passionately about.
Enhance Our Communities. We also make grants to local nonprofits in the areas of the environment and animal welfare, education and career readiness, community enrichment, organizational development, racial equity and community health.
Our Shared Mission
Our mission is to improve the quality of life in North Central Massachusetts by:
- providing donors with a convenient, effective, and informed platform from which to engage in impactful philanthropy;
- conducting impactful grant-making informed by measurable results; and
- convening stakeholders around issues of importance to the residents of the region.
Our Shared Values
- We encourage and facilitate service through our Foundation.
- We are caring and committed to identifying and meeting the meaningful needs of our community at large.
- We provide our fund-holders with the education, information and resources to facilitate their meaningful charitable giving goals.
Commitment to Excellence
- We strive to exceed our donors’ expectations.
- We provide leading edge technology to support operational excellence.
- We identify, qualify, engage and retain the best staff, Trustees and partners.
- We actively promote the wider concept of team and collaboration within our staff, board, donors and community organizations and partners.
- We encourage and promote innovation and creativity to maximize our potential impact on the communities we serve.
- We seek, develop and leverage strategic relationships with our Board, investment advisors (asset managers), and other professionals to enhance our growth and development potential.
- We are committed to conducting all Foundation business in an ethical, moral and legal manner.
- We develop, implement and audit all necessary financial/operational management systems to ensure the safety of our donors assets and regulatory compliance.
- We identify, vet and partner with the best financial advisors and asset managers who share and demonstrate our core values and help us to ensure the best possible stewardship and growth of our donors assets.
- We strictly adhere to donor’s wishes when making grants from funds that they establish. Should an entity designated for grants cease to exist, we make our best effort to identify and fund an alternative that is consistent with the donor’s intent.
- We strive to always do the “right thing.”
- We strive for complete transparency with all of our stakeholders.
- We seek to identify, qualify and engage staff members, Trustees, and partners who are committed to and demonstrate their practice of our core values to help ensure our organizational integrity and trustworthiness.
- We place the highest priority on fulfilling all commitments that we make.
Our Shared Vision
To be the trusted partner who educates, inspires, and enables people to do good works now and forever … we help to create local charitable legacies that transform lives and improve our communities.
Establish a Charitable Fund
For More Information