We support the work of local nonprofit organizations.
One way we do this is by awarding grants to programs, projects, and initiatives within our 33-community region.
These competitive grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations whose programs, projects or initiatives address the grant program’s objectives and align with the funding guidance. Nonprofit organizations may apply to multiple grant programs each year, but we will only accept one application per organization per grant program.
We do allow organizations that have a fiscal sponsor to apply for our grants.
Proposals for grants are expected to address each of the following principles:
- Capacity for impact: Demonstrate capacity and potential for achieving and sustaining long-term impact.
- Plan of action: Include a plan of action with evidence that the plan is likely to achieve its intended outcomes.
- Collaboration: We encourage collaboration to leverage new and/or existing resources, organizations, relationships, initiatives, and investments to improve the likelihood of significant impact, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Tracking impact: Include measurable objectives and outcomes with a plan and tools to monitor progress.
While there are no set grant amounts, grants tend to fall between $2,000 and $15,000.
Grant application exclusions
What we do not fund:
- For-profit organizations
- Loans or debt reduction
- Activities outside our region
- Political activity
Career Readiness and Educational Access
This Educational Access Fund focuses on increasing the competitive position of local residents for family-supporting jobs through post-secondary education and training, and other educational initiatives.
Community Enrichment and Organizational Development
These grant programs cover a broad range of activities that enhance the quality of life in our communities. They include community development, arts and cultural initiatives and civic engagement. We also support the efforts of small and early-stage nonprofits to strengthen their organizational performance and strategic capabilities.
Community Health (Nashoba Valley)
This program area focuses on community health initiatives in Nashoba Valley communities.
Environmental Preservation and Animal Welfare
This endowed fund focuses on preserving, enhancing, and providing access to the natural beauty of North Central Massachusetts as well as enhancing the welfare of domestic animals.
North Central Massachusetts Racial Equity Program
This grant program focuses on advancing racial equity in North Central Massachusetts.
For More Information
Grants and Impact Manager 978-335-8493