The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts has awarded eight Career Readiness and Educational Access grants totaling $94,712 in June.
"The Career Readiness and Educational Access Grant Program focuses on preparing local residents for family-supporting jobs through career-related training, post-secondary education and other educational initiatives," said Stephen Adams, president of the Community Foundation. "We're very excited about the ways this year's recipients will advance economic wellness throughout the region to rebuild a strong economy following the COVID-19 pandemic."
Beneficiaries of Career Readiness grants include:
- $20,000 to Dreaming Tree Foundation-Fresh Films Academy for their Film & Media Career Pathway for Underserved Youth in North Central Massachusetts in partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Fitchburg, Leominster and Gardner
- $15,000 to Dress for Success Worcester for their Workforce Development and The Suit and Beyond programs
- $15,000 to Best Buddies MA for their Pre-Employment Training Services (ETS) Program
- $4,112 to Making Opportunity Count for their Youth Innovation Center: Mentor in Residence Program
- $600 to Just Understand My Potential (JUMP) for their Behaviors Supporting Teen Employment Readiness program
Beneficiaries of Educational Access grants include:
- $30,000 to Mount Wachusett Community College for their Student Stabilization Scholarship Fund
- $5,000 to MassBay Community College for The Johnny Appleseed Scholarship supporting North Central Massachusetts residents attending the college
- $5,000 to Literacy Volunteers of the Montachusett Area for their 2021-2022 ESOL and Basic Literacy Tutor Training program
Learn how to support these programs with a donation.